COFF2OMF C++ Builder 4

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Fri Feb 15 16:34:39 EST 2002

andrew.gregory at npl.co.uk (Andrew Gregory) wrote in message news:<2830c89c.0202150629.5a6b711f at posting.google.com>...
> Trying to create BCB4 DLLs which can be imported into Python 2.2
> COFF2OMF python22.lib new.lib gave me error message "Invalid COFF file".
> What is the easiest way to fix this?
>
> Thanks, Andrew.

1. Check that your python22.lib is not corrupted.

2. Try using an OMF lib built using the COFF2OMF from the Borland 5.5
free-from-the-net kit -- I've e-mailed you one such.

3. Upgrade to the 5.5 freebie -- supported by distutils.

4. If (2) works and (3) is not feasible for you for some reason, you
could possibly download 5.5, grab the COFF2OMF.EXE, and jettison the
rest ...