preference tree like in jdk 1.4

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Feb 14 15:00:20 EST 2002

Tripp Scott wrote:

> i was looking into the preferences api in the jdk 1.4
> documentation [1] and wonder how this could be done as simple as
> possible in python. in short, preferences is a tree branch of
> options you can store and load, just like ini files or registry settings.

Well, there's the ConfigParser standard module; I'm not sure how this compares to
what you have in mind though.  (Haven't used ConfigParser myself; the apps I've
made that needed such things were wxPython apps, so I used the similar wxConfig
instead.)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International