distutils on win32

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Tue Feb 5 15:20:03 EST 2002

Le 05/02/02 à 12:00, sameer écrivit:
> i'm using distutils to make a windows installer for a python/wxpython
> app.  what's the fastest way for me to create shortcuts on the desktop
> as well as the Start menu for the file I want the users to be able to
> run.  I don't want them to have to go into the correct package, and
> run the app from there.

If you want to make an installer for an application, distutils alone
won't help you much. You could either use py2exe or Gordon McMillan's
installer to create a standalone executable, then use a "normal" free
installer maker to create the installer (for shortcuts and stuff).

I've done that once with the McMillan installer and NSIS.

http://www.nullsoft.com/free/nsis/

It can create shortcuts, uninstall entries, ...

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 10.6 °C      Wind: 2.1 m/s