Thread support in NetBSD

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 27 04:19:07 EST 2002

"Anders Åberg" <andersaa at stud.cs.uit.no> writes:

> In the pthread directory, there are three subdirectories: bin, include and
> lib. Should I have passed one of these as parameter to configure, instead
> of the parent directory?

I think this kind of setup is not supported. The directory it asks for
is the library directory (it goes into the compiler line as a -L
option), but there is no provision for locating header files in a
different place.

> Anyway, it doesn't work and I am stuck now. Does anybody know how
> to fix this?

I'm not sure what MIT threads are, but unless they closely resemble
Posix threads, you are out of luck. In that case, you'd first need to
port Python to MIT threads.

If the pthreads module is suited for your thread library, you can try
setting CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS before invoking configure. If that fails,
you need to adjust configure.in.

Regards,
Martin