Using tabs instead of spaces in IDLE?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Wed Feb 13 22:46:25 EST 2002

Cliff Wells wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:21:03 GMT
> Tom Bryan wrote:

> I don't use IDLE, so I can't answer your question (I use XEmacs).

Same here. :-)

Our QA department is likely to use IDLE, I would guess.  The development
team will probably use a mixture of editors (CodeWright, vi, XEmacs, etc.).
 The developers should have already set their tools to always use tabs
because of our existing coding style guidelines.  If QA uses IDLE, then
it'll cause a mess.  If a developer has to use tabs for Java and spaces for
Python, things could get messy.  (Not in XEmacs, but I'm not sure how good
some of the other editors are at per language configuration.)

perhaps-we-should-all-just-use-ed-ly y'rs
---Tom