Apology

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 13:13:54 EST 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:45:42 GMT, Timothy Rue <threeseas at earthlink.net> wrote:
>On 12-Feb-02 10:46:49 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:37:51 -0600, Chris Gonnerman
>><chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>Indeed.  He uses a nonstandard definition of "language" and applies
>>>"physics"
>>>to programming.  He can't program, you know; ten years on this project and
>>>nothing to show for it.  If I had tried to develop something like this for
>>>ten years and had nothing to show for it but a website, I'd give up.
>
>>At least his code is all neatly lined up!
>
>Chris's comprehension level is greatly lacking and you've shown your
>superiority attitude.
>
>Ten years???? it was Feburary 1988 when I identified the nine commands.

14 years then. You do realise, that makes you look even worse.

>I never claimed to be a programmer

14 years is plenty of time to lesarn, if you want to.

>and never wanted to make the VIC but
>rather someone to use it.

This implies you'd rather someone else coded it...

>But I also don't, and never will want to be
>abused by any programmer wanting to take credit and property rights to the
>VIC.

...but if they do, you want to take the credit and copyright for their
code.

>The computer industry has alot of ethical problems in this area of taking
>everything the can from the users, from their ideas, to their debugging
>efforts (feedback), to their money in payment for what came from them, and
>now rental....and always it is never quite right but lacking always... for
>upgrading recycling of consumer entrapment abuse.

If you refer to Microsoft, I agree. But free software / open source *isn't*
like that, in fact it is deliberately in opposition to that sort of thing.

>It's good to know that such practice is going to soon come to an end.

Because of VIC? Or because of something else?

--
===== Philip Hunt ===== philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk =====
Herbivore, a zero-effort email encryption system. Details at: