What's the equivalent in Python for Perl's CPAN?

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org
Fri Feb 8 14:23:59 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1013193915.2932.python-list at python.org>,
	Skip Montanaro wrote:
> People are working on stuff.  Search the list archives for Ciphon.  There
> was a lightning talk presented yesterday about a server called Gideon that's
> supposed to serve up package metadata to tools like Ciphon I think.

Gideon's Web page is at
http://www.zope.org/Members/k_vertigo/Stories/Gideon/FrontPage ; I
don't think there's a running installation on-line.  Kapil demoed it
to David Ascher while I eavesdropped, and it looked quite nice.

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
I suppose you could say "the yoke's on him", if you were the sort of
person who said that sort of thing, which fortunately I'm not.
    -- The Doctor, in "The Creature From the Pit"