Python System Administration

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Feb 2 17:22:05 EST 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Marc Poulin wrote:

> In article <LwK68.7172$Xk4.381742 at news1.east.cox.net>, "Andrew Replogle"
> <replogle2 at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of any books out there for python system administration or
> > should I just stick to perl for these tasks?
>
> I've been wondering the same thing.I searched Amazon and found
>
> 	Perl for System Administration by David N. Blank-Edelman
> 	Automating Windows With Perl by Scott McMahan
>
> but nothing for Python.
[...]

Which system?  Windows, unix...?

Of course, the standard library itself contains reasonable documentation
for everthing there, which covers a lot of unix stuff, but if that isn't
enough, Beazley's book is often spoken well of, for example.  The O'Reilly
Windows Python book (forget the name) by Hammond and Robinson is essential
for doing anything Windows-specific with Python, and has a chapter or two
on system administration.  Non python-specific books will certainly be
applicable too, of course.  Don't know about the Mac.

John