Adding static typing to Python

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Tue Feb 19 04:58:33 EST 2002

Le 19/02/02 ? 03:18, Grant Edwards écrivit:
> In article <mailman.1014085471.28317.python-list at python.org>, Chris Gonnerman wrote:
>
> > Ultimately, adding static typing to Python results in a different
> > language; it's not Python anymore.
> >
> > If you don't like Python because the typing isn't strong, use Ada,
> > or C++, or Pascal...
>
> You might also want to take a look at Modula-3.  Anybody used
> to Python will recognize many of the language features.

Modula-3 also looks great, as did Sather to mee. But both seem seem to
have no compilers that are actively maintained.

So I'm still leaning towards Ada 95 and C++ for statically typed
languages.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 4.2 °C      Wind: 9.0 m/s