Can Tk be connect with Copyboard of Linux

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Feb 15 18:48:01 EST 2002

In article <a4jlhf$6uv$1 at pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>,
Xiao-Qin Xia  <xx758 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>Hi, everybody,
>
>Under windows, the copyboard is shared by all the applications. So I can
>copy some messages from different applications, and paste them into a Text
>or Entry widgit based on Tkinter/Tk. But I found the same operation cannot
>work under linux. Under KDE, I can not paste messages from other
>applications into a widget based on Tkinter/Tk. Is it possible to solve
>this problem?
			.
			.
			.
Yes it can--'least, that's what I'm told.  I don't have
KDE handy, though I'm an old hand at X.

There are a few small hurdles along the way, though.
X distinguishes the PRIMARY selection (typically <But-
tonPress-2>) from the CLIPBOARD selection (used for
explicit "Cut", "Copy", and "Paste").  You might need
a ^v for ^y (or vice-versa?).  Does that get you closer?
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net