IIS ASP Python 2.2 script works first time only

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Feb 7 16:01:00 EST 2002

"Stephen Arndt" <stephen.arndt at bethsteel.com> wrote ...
> Have a simple Python script hello.asp to create a web page which
> displays current date and time.
>
> <%@LANGUAGE="Python"%>
> <% python script code here %>
>
> After upgrading from Python 2.1 to 2.2 with win32all-146.exe my
> hello.asp script runs first time OK. Then just a blank page is
> displayed in IE browser window next Refresh or activation.  I am
> running Python 2.2 on WindowsNT 4.0 server and IIS 4.0.
>
> Any ideas why the hello.asp script would generate HTML code only the
> first time a new hello.asp file is copied to the server?

You've hit a bug. Mark Hammond's recent advice to another poster with the
same problem involved overwriting one particular element with an earlier
release's version: you could probably ggogle forit if you chose. Maybe it's
fixed in CVS if you want to compile your own version, but I dunno.

regards
 Steve
--
Consulting, training, speaking: http://www.holdenweb.com/
Author, Python Web Programming: http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/

"This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it
intersects with useful practice."  Aahz Maruch on c.l.py