win32 DeleteObject ??

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 05:19:20 EST 2002

In article <3C6DB4D0.1020601 at skippinet.com.au>, Mark Hammond
<mhammond at skippinet.com.au> writes

>These few functions would be trivial to add to win32gui, but it is not
>clear if that is all you need.
I've never been sure exactly how you selected what to include in any
particular module. I see that there are large swathes of swig interface.

I've managed to get a progress bar working with anygui, but typically an
installer needs some kind of pretty pictures (extracted from the exe
usually). For that one needs something of the order

        dc = GetDC(hwnd)
        bmp=LoadImage(hinst,....)
        memdc = CreateCompatibleDC(dc)
        old = SelectObject(memdc,bmp)
        BitBlt(dc,memdc,.....)
        SelectObject(memdc,old)

and then we need the way to destroy our created things eg bmp, memdc. As
others have said it's fairly easy to get these with
calldll/npstruct/windll etc etc. Installers tend to need all sorts of
win32 internals so perhaps the calldll approach is reasonable.
--
Robin Becker