[Slightly-OT] Wasn't Google supposed to be "avid Python-Users" ?

dman dsh8290 at rit.edu
Thu Feb 7 15:50:51 EST 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 07:01:28AM -0800, brueckd at tbye.com wrote:
| On 7 Feb 2002, Paul Rubin wrote:
|
| > As much as I like Python, I don't see it working so well in the kind
| > of large, real-world projects that Java works pretty well in:
|
| Why? You listed some cases where you don't think it would work well, but
| didn't give any reasons why you think that. Give us some insight into your
| line of thought. :-)

Ditto.

[examples snipped]

| Agreed, but to me the above 3 are examples of when Python would shine:

Ditto.

The compactness and conciseness of python, wrt C/C++/Java, makes it
really easy to grasp a new algorithm because there are fewer
instructions to get a handle on and less boilerplate.  In addition to
conciseness, python has a clarity that some other languages lack.

-D

--

The Lord detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.