What is the command to determine an object's type?

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Tue Feb 5 16:52:14 EST 2002

MDK wrote:
> The code that you posted made perfect sense; thanks for that.
> However, I am
> not clear about what you are talking about in regards to "...the Strategy
> design pattern."
>
> I would like to investigate it but I do not know what it is I am
> investigating.  Can you clarify a little more for me?

There's a book called Design Patterns written by four folks commonly
referred to as the Gang of Four:

Strategy is one of the Patterns.  I believe Bruce Eckel focuses on Patterns
in his Thinking in Python (a work in progress):

	http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPython

Here's a google search that might give you some ideas:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=strategy+%22gang+of+four%22+design+patt
ern+python

Patterns seem to be a perennial topic of interest.  I'm still learning them
myself.

Cheers,

// mark