PIL vs eps

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 12:17:14 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1014824145.17587.python-list at python.org>, Gustavo
Cordova <gcordova at hebmex.com> writes

>> I think this is a pure ghostscript problem, but PIL fails to
>> convert eps to other formats and in fact it seems that gs
>> won't create any output without a showpage at least somewhere.
>>

>Isn't "showpage" the postscript command to render
>all the code that's been processed?
>
>-gustavo

yes, but most eps files don't seem to have a show page and thus
ghostscript doesn't seem to render anything. The EPSPlugin seems to pass
the data to ghostscript, but a client reports errors with .eps. When I
do the gs command handomatically I get no file. If I add in a showpage
just before the final restore I at least get the converted image/ppm
etc.
--
Robin Becker