win extension supports RS232 binary

Spencer Doidge spencer at spencerdoidge.com
Fri Feb 15 20:26:29 EST 2002

Starting with Isaac Barona's SerialPort extension built on the win32
extensions, I have a receiver working now on binary data. The original
SerialPort handles ASCII, and you can use strlen() to determine the number
of bytes received. My update on Barona's module returns a tuple giving the
number of bytes received and a list containing those bytes.
In the spirit of the GNU license agreement, this source is up for grabs, and
here and now is where I notify any interested parties about that.
I would be glad to email the script to anyone interested. Later, when I have
things polished up a bit, I suppose I could post it at my web site, but I'm
not sure how useful that would be without periodic announcements that they
are there.
You probably have figured out that I'm a newbie at this open source stuff.
Any suggestions about how to handle this sort of thing?