SSL Server Sockets?

Jim Dennis jimd at vega.starshine.org
Thu Feb 28 04:25:59 EST 2002

In article <a5j0e9$rkg$1 at dahlia.singnet.com.sg>, Ng Pheng Siong wrote:

>According to Jim Dennis <jimd at vega.starshine.org>:
>>  I know everyone recommends m2crypto --- but m2crypto-0.07-snap2
>>  doesn't build on my Debian box.  I get errors like:

>> Generating wrappers for Python
>> _bio.i : Line 30. Syntax error in input.
>> _bio.i : Line 31. Syntax error in input.
>> _bio.i : Line 32. Variable %constant multiply defined (2nd definition
>> ignored).
>> _bio.i : Line 32. Syntax error in input.
>> _bio.i : Line 33. Variable %constant multiply defined (2nd definition
>> ignored).
>> _bio.i : Line 33. Syntax error in input.

> What does 'swig -version' say on your box?

> Only this version is supported:

>    ngps at madcap:~$ swig -version

>    SWIG Version 1.3.6u-20010725-2356
>    Copyright (c) 1995-1998
>    University of Utah and the Regents of the University of California
>    Copyright (c) 1998-2001
>    University of Chicago

>    Compiled with CC
:r! swig -version

SWIG Version 1.1 (Build 883)
Copyright (c) 1995-98
University of Utah and the Regents of the University of California

Compiled with c++

 Thank you Ng, I think we've found the problem.

$ dpkg -l swig\*
ii  swig           1.1.p883-4     Generate scripting interfaces to C/C++ code.
ii  swig-doc       1.1.p5-3       Documentation files for SWIG
un  swig-doc-pdf   <none>         (no description available)
un  swig-examples  <none>         (no description available)
un  swig1.3        <none>         (no description available)

# apt-get -f install swig1.3

:r!swig -version

SWIG Version 1.3.10u-20020113-1638
Copyright (c) 1995-1998
University of Utah and the Regents of the University of California
Copyright (c) 1998-2001
University of Chicago

Compiled with CC

 ... still no joy.

 SWIG Version 1.3.10u-20020113-1638
 Copyright (c) 1995-1998
 University of Utah and the Regents of the University of California
 Copyright (c) 1998-2001
 University of Chicago

 Compiled with CC

  ... still no joy.

_m2crypto_wrap.c: In function `ssl_verify_callback':
_m2crypto_wrap.c:867: too few arguments to function
`SWIG_NewPointerObj'
_m2crypto_wrap.c:868: too few arguments to function
`SWIG_NewPointerObj'
_m2crypto_wrap.c: In function `ssl_info_callback':
_m2crypto_wrap.c:895: too few arguments to function
`SWIG_NewPointerObj'
_m2crypto_wrap.c: In function `smime_read_pkcs7':
_m2crypto_wrap.c:3395: too few arguments to function
`SWIG_NewPointerObj'
_m2crypto_wrap.c:3401: too few arguments to function
`SWIG_NewPointerObj'
make: *** [_m2crypto] Error 1

 ... so I guess and it's still too closely coupled to the
 swig version so 1.3.10u is too new and 1.1 is (understandably)
 too old.

 Ng, are you planning on updating this to Python2.2 using the
 latest swig?  Could we find an (international) volunteer to
 maintain a Debian package?