RFC -- HYGIENIC MACROS IN PYTHON

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 18:38:20 EST 2002

>Seems like a fun experiment, but I'm not sure where I think it ought
>to end up.  Some languages (such as Scheme) have a clear need for
>user-defined forms.  Python, both in structure and culture, does not
>seem to be crying out for macros.

That may or may not be a case of the chicken in the egg. But indeed,
it's an experiment; too see what form they would appear in, what the
issues are, what works, what doesn't work, and whether or not defining
a domain specific sublanguage provides any use at all. This is a case
of "implement it to find out."

C//