Fear of autocoding!

Timothy Rue threeseas at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 15 20:45:49 EST 2002

On 11-Feb-02 16:01:45 phil hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:59:36 GMT, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com>
>wrote:
>>    "People tend to hold overly favorable views of their
>>    abilities in many social and intellectual domains. The
>>    authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in
>>    part, because people who are unskilled in these
>>    domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these
>>    people reach erroneous conclusions and make un-
>>    fortunate choices, but their incompetence robs
>>    them of the metacognitive ability to realize it"
>>
>>    http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
>>
>>of course, Rue is going to argue that this doesn't apply to him, but
>>to everyone else.  after all, he KNOWS he's smarter than everyone
>>else, and we're just too stupid to realize how stupid we are ;-)

>Either that or we're part of the Evil Programmers Conspiracy to make
>programming hard.

Well you certainly don't want to help make it easier!!!!

Which you could have done by not doing anything, in comparison to what you
have done.

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:timrue at mindspring.com      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<