Have to try

Rick Hamilton rhamilt at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 16 22:30:38 EST 2002

OK - I know I am going to get fried here but - I am out of options. I'm a
programmer (Java, VB and C++) and am taking a class on Operating systems.
The nut teaching this course is asking us to do a ton on programming in
Python. OK -
So I am trying to do a (what should be) simple thing. I have a string stored
in a variable. I want to search that string for the occurrence of a sub
string. I have tried
Find(s,sub)
Rfind
MyString.find(sub)

Nothing - I have not yet figured out the appropriate way to treat a string
and am heading for a very weak book that we have as a reference. Anyone will
to toss a fellow programmer a helping had I'm willing to get flamed to get
this over with.

Thanks