Time to rename Stackless?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at acm.org
Mon Feb 25 23:17:09 EST 2002

In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, Greg Ewing <greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> transmitted:
> Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com>:
>
>> It is still stackless in the sense that order of execution is not
>> restricted by the C stack.
>
> Even so, I still think it's a poor name, because it
> focuses on an implementation detail rather than
> telling you what it can do for you.
>
>> We have now tasklets, proclets, and the stack slices are
>> stacklets. :)
>
> Hmmm... maybe it should be called Pythonlet...

If it gets to the point of supporting billions of threads, it would
_certainly_ make sense to call it "NanoThreading Python."  Or
"NanoTech Python."  :-)

There have got to be some puns heading in the direction of "seriously
stacked."  Hmm...

 - Pulchritudinous Python?
 - Busty Python?

There's got to be some more clever way of saying that without
actually, well, saying that...  "Victoria's Python?"  Hmm...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" "@ntlug.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/nonrdbms.html