HTTP state management without cookies?

Lutz Schroeer Lutz.Schroeer at tu-clausthal.de
Wed Feb 20 09:13:43 EST 2002

Steve Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:

: Indeed, but it needs to be a little more rigorous. That's why a recent
: thread concluded you EITHER pass session id through all URLs OR use a cookie
: to identify the session.

Seems I missed that thread. After thinking it over I came to the conclusion
that using cookies is the most practical way. It's a pity, I hoped there
would have been a different solution, but passing an ID through all my URL
doesn't really attract me ...or maybe... mmh, I really don't know. I think I
try the URL-ID method and if I get completely messed up I use the cookies.

Thanks to all who answered
Lutz