newbie here...

Robin Munn rmunn at pobox.com
Tue Feb 19 11:36:13 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:43:16 +1000, Paul Berg <paul at spondo.com> wrote:

Ah, another victim of Outlook Express's HTML-by-default settings. Please
turn this off, it looks ugly for the rest of us. Go to Tools->Options,
click the Send tab, and change both "Mail Sending Format" and "News
Sending Format" to Plain Text instead of HTML. Thanks!

>Hello all,
>
>Im just new to Python and don't know anything about it. I've been =
>programming in Miva Script if anyone has heard of it and also a little =
>Php.
>
>Could someone send me some script so i can so  i can relate to it. And =
>also things like databases types it can use(if so), Small things like =
>that. Im known to be a quick learner so hopefully will be programming in =
>days.
>
>Paul

I suggest the Python Tutorial, found at:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

or some of the tutorials at:

http://www.python.org/doc/Newbies.html

I particularly recommend "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist"; it
will not only teach you Python, but it will also teach you some handy
problem-solving methods that can be applied in any language.

--
Robin Munn
rmunn at pobox.com