Windows n' stuff <- Re: IPython 0.2.5

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 16 06:00:35 EST 2002

Cliff Wells || Thu 14 Feb 2002 08:44:09a:

> On 14 Feb 2002 10:14:41 GMT
> Philip Swartzleonard wrote:
>
>> Then there are those of us who refuse to upgrade to XP because of
>> MS's recent we-own-your-computer
>> you're-a-pirate-until-proven-otherwise
> paying-
>> customers-come-dead-last registration BS, among other things. (And
>
> I wonder how much this is going to affect the size of the Windows
> user-base in the long run... hopefully for the better ;)

=)

>> generally think 98 is the best thing to come out of them in general
>> :).
>
> Ick.  If you _must_ use Windoze, by all means, get Win2k.

Haeh... maybe i will next time i feel like reinstalling, i suppose it's
been out long enough by now.

I've been thinking more and more lately though, of moving to linux
completly. I've played with it a couple of times, but never really
gotten it to the point where i can do everything i want. Part of the
problem is my video card (voodoo3) seems to suck under it, but i've been
wanting a geforce about long enough to finally go out and get one. A
better email client (eudora is wearing on me anyway), a better news
reader (or get Xnews to work on linux more likely =) are most of what i
have left to sort out. Assuming gimp works properly with a tablet under
L, dont' need photoshop... maybe something for the scanner, and a url-
manager. Oh, and something to replace Thumbs+ ... that will be hard to
do.

Oh... i should stop rambling. Just thinking over loose ends =)

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com