Editors for Python

Huaiyu Zhu huaiyu at gauss.almadan.ibm.com
Mon Feb 25 15:28:54 EST 2002

On 25 Feb 2002 08:18:39 -0800, Moray Taylor <mtaylor at lowebroadway.com> wrote:

>Can anyone reccommend a good python editor for UNIX/linux/IRIX.
>
>Before all you Emacs/vi fanatics start ranting at me, I have tried,
>and hate, them both.
>
>I have only two requirements for my editor, syntax coloring, and a
>Class/function list.

This might not help you, but it may be of interest to other Emacs users:

M-x speedbar

gives you a hierarchical color-coded list of modules, classes, etc.  Use +
and - to expand and collapse the sublists.  You can jump to specific method
in specific class in specific module by hitting Enter.  It works for other
languages, too.

Huaiyu