Urllib conundrum

Rick Kaye rick at kaye.to
Fri Feb 1 16:33:39 EST 2002

Thanks. This worked great. I understand how your socket module code works.
However, I don't have a clue why my code using the urllib module doesn't
work. I figure it can't be TOO flawed since it works when the proxy is
installed. Since I'm fairly new to Python and still learning, if anyone
spots the mistake in what I did, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks again for the solution.

news:1wm68.11300$dh.3401976 at typhoon.nyroc.rr.com...