Windows 2000

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Feb 1 23:50:12 EST 2002

[Brian Mitchell]
> I tried an install of Python 2.2 on a Windows2000 box today. IDLE
> seemed to function okay but I couldn't close the command mode
> with control-Z.  Is there anything special about using Python under
> Windows2000 as compared to Windows98?  TIA.

Shouldn't be, and AFAIK Ctrl-Z never did anything in any release of IDLE
under any version of Windows except get interpreted by Tk as a command to
"erase backwards".  Perhaps you were using a customized IDLE before, or are
remembering how the DOS-box Python works (where Ctrl-Z is interpreted by
Microsoft's input routines-- not Tk's -- as an "end of file" signal).  You
can use Ctrl-D or Ctrl-Q under IDLE to get out (the former closes just the
shell window, the latter closes all IDLE windows).