Guido wins FSF Award

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Feb 16 19:48:40 EST 2002

[Paul Rubin]
> Congratulations to Guido for winning the fourth Free Software Foundation
> Award, for inventing and implementing Python as Free Software:
>
>   http://www.fsf.org/press/2002-02-16-FSF-Award.html

Hooray for Guido!  Shows how much the world cares about secure pickles
<wink>.

> And to think I learned of this from a Timothy Rue post.  Sigh.

Not at all.  Guido's acceptance speech was a foundational masterpiece,
revealing the Nine Pythonic Actions underlying all that we do.

> Anyway, hats off to Guido!

The Dutch temperament likely prefers cash donations, or at least tulips.

the-march-to-world-domination-continues-as-planned-ly y'rs  - tim