DLL/Embeded interpreter wierdness

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 25 21:44:19 EST 2002

So. Let me see if I can phrase this right:

If I have an embedded interpreter sitting in a .dll and this
self-same dll wants to be a module for import in scripts
executed by the embedded interpreter, will this work?

I have a .dll called "lramm.dll". Before I embedded an
interpreter in it, it could be loaded (from basic python)
just fine (in otherwords, it has an init, has been tested).

I started some redisign work and embedded the interpreter
in the .dll and then executed a script (with PyRun_SimpleFile())
which contains as its first statement:

"import lramm"

The import fails.

Let me repeat myself. It's lramm.dll _itself_ which has
the "PyRun_SimpleFile()" command in it.

I've checked and rechecked: the .dll is _definitely_ in
the PYTHONPATH.

My tentative conclusion is that if the .dll is already
loaded as a consequence of dynamic linkage with main, then
Python can't "twice load it" through dlload() or whatever
routine it's using. Is that correct, or do I have another
problem?

C//