Deitel and Deitel Book...

Alex Russell alex at netWindows.org
Wed Feb 27 16:34:11 EST 2002

I'm glad they (apparently) got one right.

I was required to purchase their Java book for a class, and not only was
it poorly laid out, poorly executed, badly typeset, and cheaply made, it's
index was utterly useless. Their C++ book wasn't much better. A friend had
it laying about his place day and I spent some time looking through it,
and after comparing it to Lippman/Lajoie, it's clear that it makes better
tinder than a programming reference.

Stear clear of those two if you're thinking about picking them up on the
strength of their Python book.

--
Alex Russell
http://netWindows.org