PEP 263 comments

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Thu Feb 28 08:21:33 EST 2002

Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Hi, I'm Steve Turnbull, I do XEmacs.  Mostly Mule.  Barry asked me to
> step up to bat on this.

... lots of interesting experiences snipped

Thanks for sharing, hope this helps us to do the right thing.

Now that we have your attention, what's your personal opinion on using
something else but ascii (in whatever encoding:) for the code itself
(things like keywords and variable names).

My Western centered view would be that it would make reading code
harder, but that's probably what the rest of the world already
experiences.

I personally use English even for my privat code and I even try to
stick to English in my comments, just in case some foreignor might have
to look at it:)
--
groetjes, carel