Stackless Platform Independence?

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Fri Feb 22 18:43:58 EST 2002

Grant Edwards wrote:

> In article <m37kp5i5a4.fsf at chvatal.cbbrowne.com>, Christopher Browne wrote:
>
>>Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> would write:
>>
>>>Dear Stackless Python Community,
>>>
>>>As you might have noticed, Stackless has changed quite
>>>much:
>>>- Platform independence is gone.
>>>
>>I hope not...  I would hope to hear that "platform indepedence has
>>_ARRIVED_"
>>

> TANSTAAFL.  IIUC, platform independance has been sacrificed to make the
> other gains that were listed in the post.

Feeling like being understood is sometimes much cheaper
than taking a therapy because of not being understood.
Currently, I' feeling very good, although taking
the latter, anyway (last but not least since it's free).

BTW., you're right, absolutely. There is no free lunch!

sincerely - chris

Kaunstr. 26                  :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
14163 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/
      where do you want to jump today?   http://www.stackless.com/