opening a text document to show a .txt file throughabrowserlink

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Dec 31 23:06:45 EST 2002

Cliff Wells wrote:

> I suppose, given what I've just said, I'll backpedal a bit and
> grant that whether HTML uses logic is arguable (I can already see both
> sides coming).

But whether HTML constitutes a programming language was the core issue.
You gave your XML-containing-instructions as an example of markup that
really described logic (and it certainly is an example), but I was
simply trying to point out that this was a red herring, because it
doesn't address the issue of whether HTML qualifies.

> Anyway, if you want to get the last word in, go ahead as we both must
> be
> getting tired of this rather pointless and OT thread anyway.

Roger that.

/  \ Did you ever love somebody / Did you ever really care
\__/ Cassandra Wilson
    The laws list / http://www.alcyone.com/max/physics/laws/
 Laws, rules, principles, effects, paradoxes, etc. in physics.