Quick tutorial on using the unicodedata module?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Dec 31 22:14:45 EST 2002

    >> as u'\x85' and says the encoding s utf-8.  With those bits of
    >> information ("ellipsis", 0205, u'\x85') I can't seem to get any
    >> unicodedata function to return anything useful.  Any suggestions
    >> would be appreciated.

    Brian> Hi Skip, what information are you looking for?

I was just hoping for a couple examples of how to use the unicodedata
module.  Now that I know there's no simple "ellipsis", I can get
unicodedata.lookup() to work.  I guess I'm well on my way and have to figure
out why my heuristic decoder didn't guess right.

Thx,

Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com
http://www.musi-cal.com/
http://www.mojam.com/