convert currency to words

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Dec 31 23:14:25 EST 2002

Laura Creighton wrote:

> But  <snip> ...five hundred sixty-seven and quintillion,  ... <snip>
> should be 'five hundred and sixty-seven quintillion', no?  Is there a
> bug in the code or the pasting of the answer?

The way I learned my numbers, there shouldn't be an _and_ there at all.
_And_, we were told over and over again, was only for indicating the
decimal point.  So 123 456 789 should be "one-hundred twenty-three
million, four-hundred fifty-six thousand, seven-hundred eighty-nine."
12.34 should be "twelve and thirty-four hundredths."

Different generations, I suppose, got taught different things, though.

/  \ All your slick moves / They were once innocent moves
\__/ Sade
    Bosskey.net: Quake III Arena / http://www.bosskey.net/q3a/
 A personal guide to Quake III Arena.