12 years of Python and only at v2.2

Manuel M. Garcia mgarcia at cole-switches.com
Tue Dec 3 19:53:06 EST 2002

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 23:03:14 +0000 (UTC), John Goerzen
<jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:
(edit)
>I think the notion that any insight into the code itself can be gained by a
>version number alone is generally fallacious, save perhaps for the ability
>to determine how many marketroids are involved :-)

Yeah, I agree.  It was the first time I ever saw a low version number
given as a "selling point", so it got me to thinking if it is really
unusual.

I think Linux, Python, GCC have relatively low version numbers
considering their age and that none of them are "closed" to new
features.  But it is true this only gives insight into the "marketing"
of new versions.

Manuel