[Jython] Generated Java file doesn't extend base class?

Johannes Eble skywalkerpackage at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 03:49:18 EST 2002

Hi sismex,

thanks for your answer.

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:26:45 -0600, sismex01 at hebmex.com wrote:

>EOW.

verboose, please ;)

>You're extending the wrong identifier; when you do:
>
>> from de.ikv.grasshopper.agent import MobileAgent
>
>the identifier "MobileAgent" is brought into your namespace,
>there's no need to use "de.ikv.grasshopper.agent.MobileAgent",
>because you didn't import the whole module, only a single
>identifier from within.

Oh, stupid thing from me. Yes, RTFM o<

This was exactly the problem. The Jython generated Java file extends
MobileAgent now :)

I thought, it is no error to write the full identifier, even if I
import with 'from... import'. You are right. It seems that I was away
from Python for too long.
Im really exited to see if the HelloAgent.class file really works with
Grasshopper. But now I have to do some pure Java stuff to earn some
money ;)

Johannes