howto? "def create_dir"

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 2 20:00:04 EST 2002

Michael fed this fish to the penguins on Monday 02 December 2002 11:25
am:

> class remote_copy(self,...):

        What is "self" doing on the class definition line? Shouldn't it be on
each method line?

>     def command_rcp...
>         dest_dir = /some/where

        I presume "/some/where" should be a string...

        self.dest_dir = "/some/where"

>     def name_resolve(...):
>         part_name1 = foo
>         part_name2 = bar

        I'll also assume foo & bar are strings, though they could be the
arguments to the method.

        self.part_name1 = "foo"
        self.part_name2 = "bar"

>     def create_dir(...):
>         new_dir = dest_dir + "/" + "part_name1"

        Odd, NOW you put quotes around what /is/ supposed to be a variable

        self.new_dir = self.dest_dir + "/" + self.part_name1
        #now you need the command to create a remote directory
        #in whatever means you access across...
        #       os.mkdir(self.new_dir)
        #for example