Windows Registry Help

Andy McKay andy at agmweb.ca
Wed Dec 18 17:44:26 EST 2002

> You may just need to send a WM_SETTINGCHANGE message to the desktop
> window.  Using SendMessage with HWND_BROADCAST may be all you need.

I had fun doing that at one point and couldnt get it to work so I started
wrapping a few of those odd windows functions in a module called WinCPL
(partly for the fun of learning how to wrap C stuff).

Anyway WinCPL ( http://www.agmweb.ca/Scripts/WinCPL.tar ) lets you do:

>>> from WinCPL import SetWallpaper
>>> SetWallpaper(r'e:\PythonC\WinCPL\test\CalvinAndHobbesDaily.bmp')

For example: http://www.agmweb.ca/Scripts/getCalvin

Although its only been tested on my Win2K box, so buyer beware ;) There some
other stuff in there like changing screen size, screen saver etc, but I
can't remember where the docs went.
--
  Andy McKay