DateTime in Python standard distribution?

Peter Maas peter.maas at mplusr.de
Fri Dec 13 08:47:16 EST 2002

I just browsed What's New in Python 2.3 and I wondered again why
there is no DateTime in Python standard distribution enabling
DateTime arithmetics. Yes, I know mx.DateTime but as a newbie you
have first to find it, then to download and install it. DateTime
arithmetics is so widely used (at least in office environments)
that I find its absence in the standard Python library strange.
I think it should even be a  builtin data type like complex. Is
there any reason why it's not included or has it just been
forgotten?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Hubert-Wienen-Str. 24
Tel +49-241-93878-0 Fax +49-241-93878-20 eMail peter.maas at mplusr.de