Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Dec 2 12:28:44 EST 2002

Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> writes:

> Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:
>
> > > Anyway, what IDE /do/ you use?
> >
> > Emacs + an interactive session in an xterm or Terminal.app window.
>
> Why do you prefer this to having your interactive session within
> Emacs?

Habit, mainly.  I also don't really like comint interfaces, and
playing about interactively is very important to me.

> I find Python mode's provision for sending code to the Python
> session for execution, extremely useful.

Perhaps I should try it.

Do you hilight a region and then thwack a key combination to execute
it?

Cheers,
M.

--
  You're posting to a Scheme group. Around here, arguing that Java is
  better than C++ is like arguing that grasshoppers taste better than