pythonwin crash when printing large string (10K)

Irmen de Jong irmen at NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 11 13:31:43 EST 2002

Neil Hodgson wrote:
>    Yes. You could try an updated version of Scintilla by downloading SciTE
> from
> http://www.scintilla.org/wscite149.zip
>    open it up and rename the SciLexer.dll file to Scintilla.dll and then
> copy into the top level Pythonwin directory, often found just under the
> Python22 directory.

Hey, that worked! Thanks Neil!

Why am I printing such long strings? By mistake. I was processing a large-ish
XML document and dumped it to the screen by way of 'debugging'.

Still, the display dll shouldn't crash on processing large strings. Even
if it was my mistake to print it to stdout.

Irmen