IDLE on Windows and Linux

Roger haaserd at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 12:28:17 EST 2002

Oliver Vecernik wrote:

> Hi!
>
> If I write some python code with IDLE on Windows files are saved with
> CR/LF. If I open them on Linux I can see the \r on every line and I
> cannot execute such files directly.
>
> Is there a simple solution for this?
>
> The second question is concerning key bindings. Is it possible to change
> them for Windows to the same bindings as for Linux?
>
> Best Regards,
> Oliver

Your Linux distribution may have a copy of dos2unix.  You can use that
to remove the extra DOS line end characters.  Another program, unix2dos,
will put them back.  If your Linux distribution doesn't have them
(Mandrake doesn't), use google to find a copy - there are several
versions, some even have man pages.

Roger