'Intellisense' possible for Python?

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Wed Dec 18 18:54:39 EST 2002

Dnia Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:25:50 -0600
"Greg Brunet" <gbrunet at nospamsempersoft.com> pisze:
> Coming from a VB background where the IDE allows you to view &
> auto-complete all of the properties & methods of an object, it's
> disappointing not to have it - at least in the IDE's I've looked into
> so far.  While I get this kind of behavior for modules in PythonWin
> (automatically) and Boa Constructor (by pressing Ctrl-Space), it
> doesn't work for variables.  Is this even possible, given that Python
> doesn't declare it's variable?  Does anyone know of an IDE that
> supports it?

Wing IDE (www.wingide.com) does have auto-completion that dynamically
analyses your code as you write it.  I'm fairly sure it includes more
completion cases than any other Python IDE.

But it is a commercial product... You can try a free fully functional
trial here:

http://wingide.com/wingide/demo

And some additional info on making sure auto-completion works right is
here:

http://wingide.com/support/faq#s5q3

If you try it, please send suggestions and comments!

Thanks,

- Stephan