Python + IIS/ASP questions (modules, namespaces, etc)

Geoffrey Talvola gtalvola at nameconnector.com
Wed Dec 18 12:56:56 EST 2002

pibble at yahoo.com [mailto:pibble at yahoo.com] wrote:
> Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated and hopefully
> beneficial for other people out there who want to deploy high volume
> dynamic web sites on Windows with Our Favorite Language.

Sounds like you're basically forced to use IIS.  You could consider using
Webware, which provides a persistent threaded application server (WebKit)
and also provides a CGI adapter written in fast C code (wkcgi.exe) that
communicates with the app server using a socket.

You still incur the CGI process-starting overhead on every request, but at
least it's a lightweight C program rather than a larger Python process.

See http://webware.sourceforge.net for details.

- Geoff