OT: grandparents who raped and pillaged

Jere Kahanpaa kahanpaa at gstar.astro.helsinki.fi
Tue Dec 17 10:43:10 EST 2002

Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote:
> For the Ship -- check out http://hem.passagen.se/keer0805/svse.htm
> We've got one.  Local.  These people are truly wonderful and truly
> insane.

Here's one from Finland, 'Hejmlösä Rus':
http://www.qnet.fi/rus-project/index.html-ssi

They have sailed around Europe with the ship. A route map is at
http://www.qnet.fi/rus-project/whole_route.html
. My brother was one of the crew and sailed from Paris to Istanbul. Their
ship is a replica of the first Viking boat found in Finland. It is a
trader, long a longship and really should not carry a dragon head as seen
in some of the pics, but I guess there are some conventions one simply
cannot break even if they make no sense at all...

Jere
--
It's hard to think outside the box when you ARE the box.
                            - unknown, alt.religion.kibology