Use of python

laotseu bdesth at nospam.free.fr
Thu Dec 5 21:04:19 EST 2002

rui rojas wrote:
> I'm new at programming and I've been adviced to start with Python. I
> have read the tutorials and understood the basis. I have anready been
> able to make little programs but I still don't get the main point: what
> kind of fun or useful things can you program (don't compare please,
> remember this is my first language :O))?

Think about any application you'd like to write, and that is not an OS
or a driver or any other truly low level thing... You can write it in
Python. This goes from simple one-shot script to a full web application
server, including vectorial graphic, database client, games etc...

> or, in other words, what do you
>  people, program on it??

Almost anything I personnaly have a use for !-)

> Is my problem that i don't know all the
> modules,

You should have a look at the module index...

> or that python needs to be complemeted with other languages
> or
> what???

I think the answer is 'or what' !-)

Laotseu