PyGTK does not work

Wouter van Marle wvmarle.no at spam.hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 20:53:25 EST 2002

Hi

I have a problem with Glade2 and Python and so.
According to the python faq I can use some pygtk module, this pygtk module
can not be found by python

I use Mandrake 9.0
have installed python 2.2.1, pygtk-0.6.9, pygtk-libglade, pygtk-devel, and a
whole bunch of more crap that should all together work.

it sais:
No module named pygtk

while I do have it in the site-packages dir of python2.2.

old version of pygtk or so? if so: how to get the new version?

And according to some previous poster about my questions how to import
glade2 files (I have glade2 and everything), I can not find those
examples. No clue where to look for them in the first place.

Now I truly hope for a real answer, as I do not understand most answers, I
just want the stuff to work. I can program a bit, that's all. It just has
to work. I hate this hacking to just be able to do something productive!

Wouter.