ADO constants

Paul Denize pdenize at xtra.co.nz
Thu Dec 5 15:01:56 EST 2002

I'm having trouble getting the constants in the ADO calls working.

>From examples I have found they appear to be comming from
win32com.client.constants

but when I try I get

C:\>python
Python 2.2.1 (#34, Apr  9 2002, 19:34:33) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>> import win32com.client
>>> a=win32com.client.constants.adInteger
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 131, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError, a
AttributeError: adInteger

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

I have my programs working but had to substitute the constants with
the
enumerated values for things like Locking, ClientSide, RecordsetOpen
... etc
All the examples I see have constants drawn from somewhere but I just
cant find them.

Paul Denize