Constants and Globals

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Mon Dec 16 23:40:54 EST 2002

<snip>
> When protection is *really* needed you use the operating system's
> primitives, (that is, addresses spaces), to provide it, not the language[1]
> (Of course  current OS's have very coarse grained level of protection, which
> means this sometimes sucks, but that is a discussion for comp.os.research, no
> here :).
>

> Benno
>

> [1] Of course I'm into OS design so I'm a little bit biased :)

I haven't seen you around comp.os.plan9.   Just making sure you know
about it.  If you have been _making_ some designs, that crowd wants to
hear about it -- though we have a fair amount of 'If it isn't from
Bell Labs 1127 it is garbage' groupies on the list, there are plenty
of real people.

Laura Creighton